Friday 22 December 2006

We are safe....

Last night I was out for a while with Orlando, the Ginger Tom who lives down the road. He tells me that they have now caught ‘Jack the Kipper’, in Suffolk. So thats a relief. I dont care for Weirdos.

I am always wary of strange characters who stagger out of public house doors and vomit on my fur late at night when I am on Pilfering Patrol, and boy racers on the by-pass, oh, and the wood on the edge of town is a bit scary, so I always make my presence felt by Meowing Whistling Jack Smith’s ‘I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman’, as loudly as I can when I walk through there.

Orlando is a bit of a criminology buff. He reckons we are lucky we weren’t around in the East End of London in the Sixties.

Last night, as we shared a saucer of milk and a bit of chicken skin at the back of Tesco, he related the dreadful deeds of the Stray Twins.

They reeked havoc among the gangland criminal cat fraternity and were responsible for the murders of Cat ’The Hat’ McVitie, and Tortoiseshell Cornell, in the Blind Bugger pub. Their reign of terror was brought to an end when they had their flea collars felt by ‘Kipper Read’ of New Scotland Yard.

So, now that it’s safe to prowl the streets again I think I will see what’s in the rubbish skip behind the freezer centre in the High Street tonight.

No comments: